reflections of the fears I know I've left behind...

I just watched the last episode of Queer as Folk!

That serie left its mark on me, definitely!
I started watching it in a tough time and I remember seing no hope on tomorrow!
Time's the best thing for these situations... look where I've found myself today!

I mean, I'm not down on the ground as I used to be...

I believe I've reconected myself with the true ME in these past 8 months...
I understand some things better... I accept some things better...
I grew a lot...
And at the same time, I still think there's yet a LOT to learn. There'll always be!
I'm not the half man I intend to be!

I got really emotional watching the end of the serie... I always get emotional with these kind of things...
I'm such a crier... If I could I wouldn't even be me when someday I need to face a sort of goodbye or anything like that...
But I like that... it means I'm able to feel things in my heart... even when they're fantasy!

There's this song... it's called Proud. It plays in the first and in the last episode of the serie... and I really feel like it's a part of me... it's in my heart and in my mind... and it goes like this:

"I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I'm on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom
What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Still so many answers I don't know (there are so many answers)
Realize that to question is how we grow (to question is to grow)
So I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I'm on my way
Can't stop me now
You can do the same (yeah)

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom
What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

I'm feeling strange, don't know how to put it into words...
I want some time away... =/

At the Moment: Heather Small - Proud

1 Response to "reflections of the fears I know I've left behind..."

  1. Unknown says:

    Engraçado isso cara...eu acabei de assistir o ultimo episodio de Queer AS Folk agora...joguei nu google uma parte da letra dessa musica incrivel...pra tentar achar a letra completa....e achei teu blog ao acaso...engraçado tb q eu compartilho sentimentos e sensações parecidas com as q vc descreveu...enfim...fico feliz em poder comentar isso aki...sem palavras pra poder traduzir...mas sem duvida...essa musica...e essa serie...fazem parte de mim tb...enfim...axo q eh isso...rs...ainda to me sentindo estranho apos ter visto o ultimo episodio...de qlqr forma...te desejo um bom dia...e q vc possa sempre ter motivos pra se sentir orgulhoso! Abraços!

Postar um comentário

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme